PRODUCT OF THE WEEK: SOSA/SoM Aligned Chassis Manager optimized for control, maintenance and security functions
October 17, 2022
This week’s product, Annapolis Micro Systems’ WILD WABGM2 VPX chassis/system-on-module (SoM) manager, aligned with the Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) technical standard and compliant with VITA 46.11, enables critical control functions , maintenance and chassis safety. The WABGM2 is available as a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution and has an optional third connector, which adds 1/10GBASE-T Ethernet, a second MIL-1553 interface, and three additional Zynq PL HSSs.
Made in the USA, the Chassis/SoM Manager is optimized for use with VITA 65/SOSA profiles which define all payload I/O and support backplane service ports (MP01/MP02 ) because they provide interfaces to multiplex them and/or export them via Ethernet. allowing access through the Chassis Manager Ethernet connection. An optional Board Support Package (BSP) is available for custom application development and additional feature support.
For safety, the WABGM2 implements safety signal interfaces and a Xilinx UltraScale + ZU11EG MPSoC and the latest Microsemi PolarFire MPF200T FPGA, which can be modified by the end user with the optional BSP.
Additional features include
- Support for 3U and 6U OpenVPX backplanes
- Xilinx UltraScale+ ZU11EG MPSoC running Linux for CHmC
- Processing subsystem: Quad-core ARM A53 running at 1.2 GHz; ARM R5 dual-core; m 4GB DDR4 DRAM
- Programmable logic (PL) subsystem: 633,000 system logic cells in programmable logic; 2GB DDR4 DRAM; 22.5 MB UltraRAM; 128MB QSPI NOR; 128KB Dual NV SRAM with Battery Backup
- MicroSemi Polarfire MPF200T for safety functions: 192,000 logic elements; 13.3 MB of internal RAM; 297 KB internal uPROM bits; internal flash boots; SPI NOR for system updates
- Support for up to 16 slots for JTAG and service port trunking/multiplexing
- Provides 4 sets of MP01/MP02 and 2 sets of JTAG with dedicated select lines for each for additional backplane multiplexing
- Direct attachment to backplane or carrier board
- Wired interface or backplane for I/O functions
- Optional BSP allowing customization of Zynq PS, PL for security
- Support for MIL-STD-1553 and VITA 66/67 (optical/RF)
Other external connections
- Optional MIL-1553 interface
- RS-232 UART for Zynq PS console (PS UART)
- RS-232 UART for Service Port Multiplexing (PL UART)
- Two Zynq PS 10/100/1000 BASE-T interfaces
- Supports multiple battery inputs (from backplane or cable)
- The optional 3rd connector adds:
- A 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet
- 2nd interface MIL-1553
- 10 additional LVDS
- 4 additional ZYNQ PL HSS
For additional Chassis Manager options, Annapolis engineers also offer the WILD WABGM0 Chassis Manager.